Which foods help suppress your appetite is somewhat personal. For instance oatmeal personally does not do anything for me, but it may help you. All of the below have studies supporting their suppression power so they are worth a try. And remember, everything in moderation.
- Vinegar – Studies show that people were satisfied for twice as long after eating. Vinegar’s acid may help slow digestion and regulate blood sugar. I have started washing my vegetables with 2t to 2 cup solutions and have personally found this to be true.
- Avocado – Studies show that the body converts the oleic acid to a company that may send a fullness signal to the brain.
- Green Bananas – Before they sweeten, green bananas are a good source of starch, which slow digestion and stabilize blood sugar.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is used a lot in the weight lose industry, in concentrated format (beta-glucan). It is slow to digest, is high in fiber, and may release appetite controlling hormones.
- Salmon – Salmon is a healthy fat and protein combo that extends the feeling of fullness.
- Soup – Studies have shown that people who started their meal with a light 150 calorie soup consumed less calories.