- Prep 25 m
- Cook 45 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until brown. Add mushrooms and onions; saute until onions are transparent. Stir in pasta sauce, and heat through.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and egg.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan. Layer with uncooked zucchini, cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and meat sauce. Continue layering until all ingredients are used, reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, and top with remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Serves 8 – 350 calories per serving